Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mid-week mind wanderings.. on deployments

Week one is going well. I don't anticipate the deployments will ever become "easy" or "normal," but the transition times are definitely growing smoother as we learn more effective ways to deal. For example, the night before he left, I found myself cleaning up all of his clothes from the floor and putting away his shoes and other things around the house so that I wouldn't come home with the remains of his deployment packing everywhere - a mistake I made last time, which served as another reminder that he was gone. Also, B strongly encouraged me to visit family the first week of the deployment, which I wasn't planning to do, but am glad I did! We've learned all kinds of ways to make the changes of coming and going easier on both of us. After the last deployment, I actually wrote up a little debrief on how the first week of his homecoming went, with notes to make next time even better.

It's so obvious that starting this psychology/counseling/therapy track is going to be a good fit for me. If you haven't noticed yet, I'm very much a deep thinking analyzer when it comes to the mechanics and management of relationships (especially my own). I'm looking forward to gaining the knowledge and wisdom necessary to help others put together the pieces of this crazy puzzle we call life.

2 comments:

  1. Your positive attitude and insight is truly inspiring! ~Your life exudes true beauty.
    "B" is blessed to have such amazing woman stand behind him. May the Lord richly bless you as you await his return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the encouraging comment!

    ReplyDelete