So much has happened while hubby has been away, which made the time fly by. Here are the highlights:
- finished another semester of grad school
- got my real estate license and am partnering with a friend on a major niche project in 2011 involving tons of buyers and plenty of work to keep me busy
- signed with a modeling agency
- visited family in Nashville, and had my sisters visit me here this weekend to celebrate Christmas early
- had the guest room in my home occupied for most of the deployment - from friends, to family, to people passing through
- went all out with Christmas decorations this year, including lights on the house for the first time!
- hosted a Christmas cookie exchange, which I plan to make an annual tradition
- attended several awesome Christmas parties and gift exchanges with wonderful friends
Needless to say, I could hardly find the time to sleep, much less keep up with my blog unfortunately. But it has been a blessing to have so many wonderful opportunities come my way and to feel so loved and fulfilled with so many social events and visitors.
Now I sit on my couch. The house is all quiet (a nice change, actually). My tree twinkles in the corner, illuminating the room and reminding me of the warmth and comfort that this season brings. I can sit and reflect on the past few months, and relish in the peace and joy of now - the most wonderful time of the year. For as long as I can remember, Christmas has been the most amazing, magical, loving time for me. I am not a very emotional person, but during these few, last weeks of the year, I can't help being overly sappy with friends and family, shedding a tear as I watch Miracle on 34th Street yet again, and smiling with a surprising love and patience as I venture into the shopping rat race in search of the perfect gifts. Yes, this is a truly Christ-filled season for those who dwell on such aspects.
In a matter of hours now, I will be receiving the best Christmas present ever. My husband will return to me once again. The decorations around the house, and hustle and bustle outside are only further reminders that his return is nearing. What more could I ask for than the love of my life coming home during the most joyful, romantic time of year? We will be spending Christmas day at home, just the two of us this year. Since he arrives so close to Christmas, we want to enjoy every moment that we have together. We will be skyping my family during present time on Christmas morning though, which should be fun! Hubby and I have a delicious menu planned for Christmas Eve, Christmas morning, and Christmas dinner. From crab legs, to cornish hens, to banana's foster french toast.. mmmm.. can't wait. Hopefully I will have my appetite back by then. I am always so jittery and excited the week before he gets home that eating is the last thing I can think about.
So now I'll try to get some sleep, but probably not much! I am so happy to have my other half home soon.
P.S. - I am planning on much more devotion to my blog in 2011!