Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy Anniversary!
And He's Off Again for Round 3..




Yes, today is our 2 year anniversary. And yes, he deployed this morning. Third time's a charm? Well maybe.. Today was great, considering. We spent the weekend in isolation mode, celebrating our anniversary at a beautiful resort and relaxing at home. We've had an awesome first two years of marriage and enjoyed reflecting and just enjoying each other. I dropped him off at the airport today and just kept driving.. all the way to Nashville to see my family (a last minute decision). I'll spend the first week here and drive back home Monday. It's such a blessing to be able to spend the first few days with family, rather than just me, myself and I in a quiet, empty house. The day was flawless. Hubby made it off safely, I had a lovely, therapeutic drive, and now I'm with people I love. Off to a great start. I think I'm ready for round 3.


I start my Master's degree this week in Marriage & Family Therapy, which should keep me quite busy during this deployment and those to come. It's an online program, so I'll still have flexibility to travel at my leisure, or most likely, on a spontaneous whim - something I value very much with hubby's schedule these days. I also started substitute teaching, mainly for the flexibility as well. I can choose whether I want to work or not, which works quite well with my lifestyle right now, correlating with my order of priorities.


So here I lay, ready for bed once again with one instead of two, hoping to dream of the best two years of my life, praying the next two months fly by..

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with #3! I never really thought they got easier to endure, just easier to adjust in and out of.

    Are you going to be a marriage counselor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary, I'm glad you got to celebrate before he left! I'm sorry he's gone now, but happy to see you blogging again, I've missed reading your posts. I didn't know you had a beach wedding, what a beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Just started reading your blog and love it! I'm a new Military Mrs. as well! Can you tell me what school you're doing your masters program through? I'm wanting to go back for the same thing but I know online will be the best option! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chrissi - Glad you stumbled across my blog! I just read some of yours and like it very much! I tried to comment on your page, but when I clicked post a comment, the page went blank every time. Anyway, I hope you get this.. I am getting my master's through Liberty University. Check out their website. I love it so far. Good luck with your blog and new military marriage!

    ReplyDelete