Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tired

Usually I'm an excellent sleeper - B and I usually hit the sack around 11 and I'll sleep solid until 8. I need my 8 hours, and have no problem getting them when all is normal. When hubby is here, I can fall asleep in 2 minutes anytime after 8 p.m. I've always been thankful for my great sleeping abilities. However, my sleeping skills always suffer during deployment time. I'm up till at least 1 a.m. every night and often wake up at 7 and can't fall back to sleep. I've been trying to figure out why this is, because it's not that I'm creeped out from being alone, or that I'm not used to sleeping alone by now. I've decided it is because my body is in a subconscious state of hyper-alert, causing an inability to fully relax. I'm able to get the bare minimum necessary to function the next day, but nothing extra. And without that extra, by 4:00 I'm falling asleep on the couch. I've let myself nap the last few days, but it's always hard to move on with the day afterwards. To nap, or not to nap? What a conundrum.

Boxing - my most recent hobby and addition to my workout routine - seems to leave me extra tired by the afternoon as well. I'm absolutely loving this new venture though, and it's a killer work out. B bought me the heavy and speed bags and installed them in the garage before he left. I've been wailing on them ever since. I told him he better not piss me off ever again, or I might have to pull out some of my mad skills. Ha! But seriously, I'm loving the training and conditioning - learned a lot from Youtube - what did we ever do without it?


MM

1 comment:

  1. I never go bed before 1 either! It's not that I can't sleep, it's that I dread going to that empty bed. It's when I'm most exhausted, that the tears come. Staying up later however makes me soo sleepy, it's easier not to notice the chilly emptiness of our bed.

    Boxing sounds awesome!!! I've done it on the wii, but never with gloves and bags. What a fun workout! What do you listen to during that girl power workout?

    ReplyDelete