Monday, October 11, 2010

#4

It's that time again..

Said goodbye again this morning. While this is becoming routine, it is not becoming any easier. We are much better at the transitions now, but saying goodbye still feels like someone punched me in the gut. The good news.. I'll be receiving the BEST Christmas present ever this year! (God willing there are no delays on the trip home).

We had a wonderful weekend before he left today. Friday, we went shopping and had a nice dinner out. Saturday night we rocked the house as Jane Fonda and Richard Simmons at an awesome 80's party...
And Sunday, we spent most of the day at the beach...
So here we go for round 4. More challenges. More growth. More changes. Many more philosophical ramblings to come.



1 comment:

  1. Wish I had the same Christmas present! It's our turn to miss both Thanksgiving and Christmas. We do get Halloween though! A small consolation prize in comparison, but a fun weekend none-the-less.

    You're in my prayers this week. I hear ya that it never gets easier. The welcome home days never get old either though! I've come to realize while I'd trade them in a heartbeat to have him home all the time, there are a few good things about the deployments, homecomings ranking #1. I hope the holiday season makes the days go by faster, bringing your 4th reunion quickly!

    ReplyDelete