Saturday, July 17, 2010

Getting close!

What a slacker! I can't believe my lack of posts lately. Life has been good. Here's a taste of what I've been up to the last couple of weeks...


Perfecting my trampoline skills is just one of the fun and relaxing activities I've enjoyed at the lake so far. My family spends every summer up on this lake - I've been visiting since I was a baby. I love it here! It's been perfect for passing the time until hubby returns. Other than being a vacation bum, I've been working on my classes and trying to train for this triathalon I'm doing in October. It's going pretty well, but swimming in the open water is much more difficult than in the pool!

We're in the homestretch now for B's homecoming. The end of the deployment is almost as emotionally crazy as the beginning, I think. I am beyond excited, which makes me restless, anxious, scatterbrained, I lose my appetite, it's weird! I was trying to explain the feeling to my sisters the other day, but I don't know if they could fully understand. I think it's one of those parts of the military life that you have to experience to fully grasp. Part of the anxious/nervous feeling is the result of the many unknowns involved in any military related event or situation. I can't help hoping that everything will run smoothly, with no deviation from the plan that may cause disappoinment and stress. But my understanding of the liklihood of planes breaking down, travel delays, etc. creates added tension and nerves. But, as soon as I spot him in the airport and run back into his arms, all of the uncertainties fade away and yet another honeymoon begins with the sheer bliss of a perfect match reunited.

Not much longer now...

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad it's almost up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are enjoying your time up North with your family... and that "B" will be home soon. I can't even begin to imagine the stream of different emotions you feel awaiting his arrival. Enjoy the pure bliss when he returns, may your time together be truly blessed.
    ~I will miss reading your blog :(

    ReplyDelete